Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Tuesday April 24th THE ROOF COMES OFF!




This morning the plumbers came to move one of our water pipes outdoors. They now knock on the garage door, since the front door has no porch. I met them in my PJ's and moved my car, then tried to keep it quiet for Eliana - who had been up all night and was now asleep in my bed. Don't use the toilet for about 30 minutes. Oh, and one more thing... they need access to the crawl space. In my bedroom closet! Well, just try to be quiet and I'll clear a path. All went well, and now I know to shower first thing in the morning if I want to do it on my schedule.

An hour later their was a noise on the roof. 8 tiny reindeer? No, it was a large saw. Chunks of plywood and shingles start falling into a trailer. Already, the roof is coming off! Did I mention the garage is ALMOST but not quite cleared out yet? Well, I'll be finishing that tonight for sure.

Mercia left with Grams & Poppy today, and will be back in 2 weeks for Eliana's first birthday. I thought I'd be flexible during the day, with only 1 kid in tow. But here a sit working on this blog while Elie finally takes a nap amidst the commotion. I realize I'm going to be working hard to keep this place organized, the laundry done (and not blocking the only front entry to the house), and be flexible to every other duty that comes along.

No comments: