Monday, June 4, 2007

Inside Demolition

Sorry no photos today, Steve left my camera at work. ;-( But today was a big day, the interior demolition took place. There is now a black plastic sheet where the wall used to be. The old front bedroom is all opened up to the vaulted ceilings, and can I say? I LOVE IT!!!


It takes some getting used to, but I think it is going to be so nice to have the big open space between the great room kitchen/nook/living room/formal dining room all open with hardwood floors. I can't wait to see the flooring bring it all together!


Today I camped at Tim & Kim's house while they are on vacation. I stopped by after picking up the kids from school to check the progress, and the demolition was done and all cleaned up. I probably could have stayed the whole day after all, but it was nice to have a simple and peaceful day with Mercia and Eliana. I even made dinner for everyone there, and did some laundry. Then we cleaned up and came home in time for homework and bedtime.


Tomorrow I will stay home though, as there as just a few places to be framed. One wall of our closet will be demolished tomorrow (our closet is being expanded to include the under stairs area), so I had to clear out half my closet tonight. Steve & I said early on that this would be the most stressful phase - demolition in the great room and closet. But so far it's not a big deal, and very do-able indeed. Can I say I'm actually ENJOYING this all? Expecting the inconvenience makes it so much easier, and more of an adventure. It is truly amazing seeing it all take shape.


I promise to post some pictures soon! For now I can show a picture of the wall that is no more...

No comments: